Nordic blueberries [Vaccinium myrtillus] are a good source of Vitamin E, vitamin C, folate, and a high dietary fiber content. These are some of the benefits of blueberries:
- Antioxidants reduce oxidative stress and cellular damage that contributes to cognitive problems, improve brain activity, and reduce the likelihood of developing dementia.
- Folic acid helps repair DNA and prevent more serious diseases.
- Minerals: potassium, iron, magnesium, and zinc contribute to better dental health. Potassium and magnesium also help to prevent high blood pressure and heart attack.
- Vitamin E and carotenoids contribute to better eye health.
- Vitamin C slows the rate of free-radical damage to collagen that contributes to wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E prevents premature aging of the skin and makes the skin look younger.
Cloudberries [Rubus chamaemorus] are a good source of vitamin C and contain folate (vitamin B9). The nutritional content of the cloudberries provides several health-giving properties such as:
- The high content of antioxidants and vitamin C strengthens the body’s natural defenses, increases iron absorption from other foods, and helps maintain fresh and healthy skin.
- Folate helps to reduce fatigue and exhaustion.
- Minerals like iron and magnesium help improve blood circulation. Magnesium is also essential for maintaining strong and healthy bones.
- The high fiber content optimizes the digestive system and helps regulate insulin receptors in the body.
- Cloudberries also contain several B vitamins. B vitamins are essential for the nervous system and brain health.
Lingonberries[Vaccinium vitis-idaea] contain several compounds that act as antioxidants: vitamin C, vitamin E, manganese, and plant compounds, such as anthocyanins and quercetin. These are some of the benefits of lingonberries:
- Antioxidants, vitamin E and vitamin C, provide several health benefits, like preventing inflammation
- Anthocyanins may support heart health, prevent oxidation of blood cholesterol, and support healthy blood vessels
Crowberries [Empetrumnigrum] contain vitamin C and a large number of flavonoids. The nutritional content of the crowberry provides several health-giving properties such as:
- The high content of the antioxidant anthocyanins strengthens capillaries and keeps the blood vessels clean
- Antioxidant, vitamin C helps us to maintain a robust immune system and protects us against harmful free radicals
Seabuckthorn [Hippophae rhamnoides]: It is an excellent source of vitamin C, A, and B complex and minerals like selenium, zinc, and copper. The fruits are a relatively rich source of essential fatty acids, i.e., omega-7. The nutrition content of sea buckthorn contains health-giving properties such as:
- Many of the ingredients act as powerful antioxidants and help to strengthen the immunity system
- strengthen vision
- Highly effective in anti-aging by restructuring and revitalizing the skin.